- Eligibility: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and should have relevant experience and/or qualifications pertaining to the subject matter of their proposed lecture.
- Selection Process: All applications will be reviewed by the festival committee. Not all applications can be accepted due to scheduling and programming constraints. The committee reserves the right to make all final decisions regarding the inclusion of speakers in the festival lineup.
- Presentation: The speaker is responsible for delivering their lecture on the specified date and time, in accordance with the abstract they submitted. Any changes to the content or format of the lecture should be approved in advance by the festival committee.
- Promotion: By submitting an application, the speaker agrees to the use of their name, biography, image, and lecture details for the promotion of the festival. This may include, but is not limited to, advertisements, press releases, and social media posts.
- Intellectual Property: The speaker warrants that their presentation is their own original work and does not infringe on the rights of any third parties. Any sources used should be appropriately cited.
- Conduct: The speaker agrees to conduct themselves in a professional manner while participating in the festival, respecting the rights and dignity of all other participants. Any form of harassment or discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Compensation: Each speaker will receive an honorarium of $500 for their participation, payable at the conclusion of their lecture. If a hotel accommodation is to be provided to the speaker, the festival will inform them of the hotel name and location at least 48 hours prior to their scheduled arrival in Miami Beach, but no earlier than one week before such date. Unless otherwise stated in a separate agreement, any travel or accommodation expenses incurred are the responsibility of the speaker.
- Cancellation: The festival reserves the right to cancel any lecture, at any time, for reasons including but not limited to unforeseen circumstances, failure to comply with these terms, or failure to fulfill speaker responsibilities.
By checking the box to agree to these Terms and Conditions, the speaker acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to abide by the above terms. Failure to adhere to these terms may result in the speaker’s disqualification from the festival.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida. Any disputes arising out of this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Florida.